Art and Library

We have collaborated with Mrs. Wolfe and art class to create a banner for the Banners Over Bath project. This banner will be a tribute to great Dahlov Ipcar. In library class we have spent some time going over her books and artwork to draw inspiration. I often think of my library as the luckiest around as we have an original Dahlov Ipcar mural hanging on our wall!

In 5th grade library they spent time looking through her picture books to find an image that most captured this Dahlov Ipcar quote: "I have lived most of my life surrounded by the serenity and natural beauty of Maine, yet my art is done entirely from imagination. I strive to create my own unique vision of the world. I am intrigued by the endless variety of patterns and forms in nature; they arouse in me the desire to create forms and patterns of my own."

See what art they chose here: https://padlet.com/mfuller1/myrggbpv6wv4

Comments